Food, Glorious Food

Each week I will be posting information about the best restaurants for a middle-class budget. Feel free to chime in if I have it wrong. One or two of each type of ethnic food will be represented. Where is your favorite San Francisco place to dine?

Sushi Time

This little slice of Tokyo hidden under a flight of Castro stairs seats about twelve people tops. Our favorite is the Barbie Roll: 8 pieces of stuffed avacado, crab and salmon topped with rice and a slice of lemon.


For Mexican fare I've pegged Taqueria El Buen Sabor (The Good Flavor Taqueria) as best in the Mission. It sits humbly on the corner of 18th and Valencia and their 7 dollar Vegetarian Supreme Burrito is divine. What's your favorite burrito place?


Comments

  1. Tommy,
    Loving your blog. It's so clear from these entries that you are where you're meant to be. Congratulations. I appreciate your take on city and non-city things, on neighborhoods and restaurants and cultural activities. And speaking of budget eats, I remember with some fondness a quick and cheap meal (with lots of conversation) at Tommy's Joynt one evening. I arrived solo but did not remain so for long.
    Keep writing.
    -Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandy,

    Thank you so much! I do want to cover Tommy's Joynt in my American category; perhaps when I've the intestinal fortitude for meatloaf. It's somewhat of a famous place right across the street from equally flamboyant Mel's Drive-In. I miss you guys dearly and thanks for being a literary and experiential cheerleader. xo, tommy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Magic of Magnolias

Controversy at the BL Symposium on Decorum and the Soul of the Humanities: DITA Assignment #3

Thomas's Pandemic Diaries: The Good Ole' Literature Review for the Dissertation