Embarcadero

Greetings readers!

So I started my job at a funky optical shop called "Eye Carumba." The folks there are great but it's been nearly three years since I've been committed to an office setting. The pace and duties differ significantly from touring Harvard Law on the night shift. Mostly it's just getting familiar with using a different part of the brain.

The weather here has been blissfully sunny with temps hovering between the mid-50's and mid-60's but there is quite a wind that picks up everyday at around office closing hours. I must say I had hoped to witness a gentler mist enveloping the city but it's more like thick fogs/clouds. Summertime contains the infamous fog. Last night, however, I walked home from Church Street through the misty rain. And it was a divine reminder of my time spent in Washington State.

My next knowledge quest is finding out how to make this town affordable. This website http://sf.funcheap.com/ should give me some guidance as well as this gem: http://brokeassstuart.com/.

This is what I see when I take my lunch break:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Magic of Magnolias

Controversy at the BL Symposium on Decorum and the Soul of the Humanities: DITA Assignment #3

Thomas's Pandemic Diaries: The Good Ole' Literature Review for the Dissertation