I'm coming out as ...

There is no better day than Halloween to come out. So I'm coming out as a psychic and shamanic practitioner. Let me back up.

There are a few individuals in every circle or society who have been touched by the spirit world. As a child I was often poked fun as being "oblivious," or "having my head in the clouds." This was not time spent wasted but rather valuable communication with things that are unseen. In short, as the Irish say, I'm "touched."

During a stretch in my 20's, the spirits took a break, and it looked like I may have a shot at leading a normal, productive life here on Earth. A lot of that was shattered with my testicular cancer diagnosis in May of 2007. On November 1st, I celebrate five years of good, cancer-free health. But the cancer, I'm convinced, was part of my "initiation illness" or "initiation crisis," the reality that there are grave threats if you deny your calling. Year after year, the spirits would ramp up their intervention and denial seemed like a cheap trick. As many of my close friends can attest, I started receiving a slew of regular visions in the summer of 2011 while working the night shift at Harvard Law School. Vivid dreams of animals and elements are the hallmarks of shamanic practitioners. The reason I moved to California was to investigate fully this phenomenon and begin to accept this life that had chosen me. In many ways, it was the best decision of my life and has been a remarkably successful journey. Although I do wonder at times how shamans manage to eat.

So big whoop, right?

In subsequent posts, I'll be making some predictions and delivering some tips on how the spirit world can repair or heal any personal issues you may have. Stay tuned and happy Halloween!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Magic of Magnolias

Controversy at the BL Symposium on Decorum and the Soul of the Humanities: DITA Assignment #3

Thomas's Pandemic Diaries: The Good Ole' Literature Review for the Dissertation